Not that I need a reason to consume massive amounts of pumpkin, but it is October.
October ushers in pumpkin lattes, pumpkin sented candles, and yes, just about anything pumpkin flavored I can get my hands onto.
I just love fall and pumpkin, can you tell?
If you are anything like me, you may have browsed and pinned multiple pumpkin reciepes. Like me, you may have tried some not so good ones, and may have never gotten around to making the rest. But this year, I am determined to try all those pumpkin recipes I pinned and weed out the bad ones.
The reciepe I found here, was the first one I tried, and it is already my absolute favorite. These cookies are so pumpkin flavored and paired with the cream cheese icing… I am in love.
I am telling you now, make these tonight!
Now that I am milling my own wheat into flour, I will show you again how easy it is.
Measure the designated wheat
Pour into the mill.
Make your own flour. So Easy
Once you have your ingriendents out, preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
mix all your dry ingredients into one bowl.
In a separate bowl cream together your butter and sugars. Then add the remaining wet ingredients and mix well.
Then, slowly combine and mix your dry ingredients into your wet ingredients.
This is what your batter will look like.
Scoop your batter by the tablespoon onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake at 350 Degrees for 10-12 minutes.
At this point, you are going to want to control yourself, because they still need the icing.
For your Icing, mix together the cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar, brown sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon
This is the final result.
Pumpkin Cookie Ingredients:
- 1 Cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- cream together butter and sugars
- add pumpkin puree, egg, vanilla
- In a separate bowl combine all the dry ingredients
- Add the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients until mix thourouhly
- Scoop onto an ungreased cookie sheet by the tablespoon full.
- Bake for 10 minutes, edges will be lightley browned
Cream Cheese Icing Ingredients:
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/3 cup butter softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Cream together cream cheese and butter
- add in the brown sugar
- mix in vanilla and cinnamon
- mix in the powdered sugar until icing is lump free and creamy.
I know you will love these as much as I do.